Saturday, October 4, 2014

Christmas Ornaments

I have not had a Christmas tree in over 10 years so I thought putting up one this year with some handmade ornaments. I made quit a few so far. I found some great ornaments in back issues of Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments Issues.

This is Victoria Sampler's - Mini Handbag Ornaments
This first one the directions said to use light weight fusible interfacing inside but as you can see in the photo of the back of the ornament, you can see the bulk of the excess fabric.




This 2nd mini ornament I used fusible fleece for cushion and it came out better.




Here are the designs from the magazine. Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments Issue 2011 & 2012




This ornament is from Bent Creek "Snowglobe Snowman" I made into a snowglobe shape using 2 count linen. The color, not sure, it was a scrap piece.



I love this ornament. I used DMC Variegated floss #62 and some white and light blue beads for the edge on 32 ct. linen. I forget who the designer was. I found it on the internet.


This Sue Hills Designs - Candy Canes
I used 28 count black linen DMC 815 & Blanc. There were green and gold colors to that I am not sure of.


This ornament is The Prairie Schooler Christmas Ornaments issue 2007. I used 32 ct. linen, green felt and cardboard and scraps of cotton xmas fabric for a tie.



These are Victoria Sampler's Woodland Babies. I found some old mini tarlet pans at a flea market and thought these were perfect. They are old and discolored with a little rust. I also made some twisted cord with thin hemp cord. It was challenging.


This is made by Little House Needle Works -Frost Flakes. I used 32 count grey linen and and an antique mini curtain clip.


With more ornaments to come. It is hard to choose which ornaments to do next. See you soon.




2 comments:

SylvieL said...

Ton sapin de Noël sera magnifique !!!!
Toutes ces broderies sont plus belles les unes que les autres mais quel travail !!!
Belle journée
Sylvie

Alejandra. http://hogaryestilodevida.blogspot.com.ar/ said...

Teresa: ¡Hermosos trabajos! un saludo
Alejandra