Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Antique Pincushion & hat pins

My new pincushion was a mile high full of dust so I carefully removed all the pins and snipped the threads to remove the cover off the pillow. I then soaked it in Oxyclean for 2 days and restitched it up. Some of the cross stitches were torn so I restitched them as well. Turns out they used DMC 3750 on 30 count cream linen. One of my favorite colors.
 Here are the results.

BEFORE:


AFTER: 






 My antique Florenza Needle Minder

I plan to buy a hat pin holder for all the beautiful hat pins that I have.

2 comments:

SylvieL said...

Très beau résultat , la broderie ressort bien .Ce pique est aiguille est superbe
Belle journée
Sylvie

Alejandra. http://hogaryestilodevida.blogspot.com.ar/ said...

woao, que cosas tan bonitas, todo muy bello.
Felicitaciones!!