Thursday, July 4, 2013

My Sister Memory Pillow

In memory of my sister who just passed from breast cancer this past Thanksgiving (2012), I made this small pillow. I printed her image on a piece of linen and stitched a border around it using DMC 815. I used strips of French General fabric, red gingham fabric and in the back is red gingham. I used a safety pin in the corner and hung various ribbons and charms on it. I also made a tiny pin cushion with twisted cord and cross stitched a piece of linen with hearts. I also put some hand made pins on it last minute and gave it to my father for father's day. It turned out beautiful that my father cried his eyes out. Probably not because I did such good work.
I love to use French General fabric because it is so soft to the touch and it has a vintage look to it.





No comments: